Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Maura Tierney : Maura Tierney has breast tumour

Former "ER" star Maura Tierney said in a statement: "In an effort to guard my privacy, it seems that the wording of NBC's press release has unfortunately caused some confusion and undue alarm about my health. I have discovered a tumour in my breast which requires surgery."

Tierney, said NBC's announcement last Friday about the delay "has unfortunately caused some confusion and undue alarm" about her health.
The 44-year-old actress does not know exactly what the tumour is, but remains hopeful she will return to full health shortly.
She said: "I will not know either my exact diagnosis or course of treatment until that surgery is performed. My doctors have all assured me this is a very treatable condition.
I'm very optimistic as to the outcome and want to thank everyone who has sent positive thoughts and support. I look forward to going back to work soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment